Online Casino Software
The software that you choose for the online casino you’re playing with will determine your game selection, platform selection and the feel of your experience.
There are several dozen online casino software developers out there, and a number of them have their own software platform that can be used as the basis for a casino site. One of the things that you have to do as a player is figure out exactly which type of software you want to play with. Many people will overlook this part of the search for somewhere to play, but you’ll get the best overall experience if you actually know which software package(s) you’re looking for ahead of time. With this overview and our reviews of the best software developers out there today, we’ll help you to make an informed decision.
Casinos by Software
- BetSoft Casinos
- Endorphina Casinos
- Micrograming Casinos
- Netent Casinos
- NYX Gaming Casinos
- Playtech Casinos
- Realtime Gaming Casinos
- Rival Gaming Casinos
- Saucify Casinos
The first thing to think about before anything else is which type of platform you want to play on. This can be determined by the operating system you have if you want to play via desktop, or it can be determined by what type of smartphone or tablet you have if you want to play via mobile. Not all games from all software providers will work on certain mobile devices, and some might not have a mobile version at all. Likewise, you may need a Windows-based PC only for some software, but others may have platforms for Mac- or Linux-based systems.
There are essentially four different types of platforms to choose from. Here is a brief overview of each:
- Downloadable platforms install to your computer like any other program. These typically require a Windows-based PC.
- No download/instant play platforms allow you to play from any updated Internet browser. No download or installation is required, and you can play on computers that use Linux, Mac or Windows as well as certain types of mobile devices.
- Web-based mobile apps allow virtually any type of smartphone or tablet to connect and play provided that it has an updated web browser. This is similar to the instant play platforms for computers.
- Native mobile apps will require you to have a specific type of phone like an iPhone or Android-based device, and they will actually install an app on your phone like other apps that you already have.
Once you know which platform(s) you want to play with, that will make it easier to pick out the casino software that you should be looking for.
Once you have a good idea of which platforms you want to play on, the next thing to look for is which types of games you’re interested in playing. Casino games are broken up into two main categories, slots and table games, though some games fall outside of those two groups. Slots are easier to learn how to play and offer a lot of different types of experiences, but table games offer a classic casino environment and often give you a chance to get into situations where the house advantage is very low. Players can also choose to play live dealer table games, and that involves live dealers running the games over high-definition video and audio feeds.
In the beginning of the industry, most online casino sites only had software from a single provider. However, in today’s environment, players will often have games from multiple software developers available at the same casino. This is an ideal situation since it gives players more games from different providers all in the same place. However, it also helps out smaller developers who can get their games in places they wouldn’t be able to otherwise because they don’t have enough games to justify being the online software company represented at a particular online casino.
The end result of this arrangement, which has been becoming the standard for a lot of top-rated casino sites for quite a while, is that they have players covered when it comes to both quality and quantity, and that’s definitely a winning bet for players.
Safety and Security
All of the top software platforms that we recommend have safety and security in the front of their minds. If there’s something that you need to know about a company’s past, we’re going to inform you in our reviews. Not all popular software companies are necessarily reputable, but we believe players can make informed decisions for themselves as long as all of the appropriate information is put in front of them. Here are some of the things we’ve looked for when vetting these companies:
- A license in good standing from a jurisdiction that takes their online gambling regulations seriously.
- A history in the business for taking care of their players without a history of scandals or shady business dealings.
- Regular audits for fairness from independent testing firms like Technical Systems Testing or eCOGRA that verify the games behave like they are claimed to.
- No shady behavior involving linked network progressive jackpot values or prizes for other games.
In some of the reviews that we have here, we’ll point out scandals or other problematic situations that have come up in the past for the company. Likewise, we’ll also point out if there haven’t been any problems with a company before. The overall goal here is to inform you so that you can decide for yourself which companies you want to do business with.
The bottom line is that the choice of software provider is one of the first decisions you have to make in your search for the ideal online casino that fits your own preferences. However, it’s also something that many players simply overlook because they don’t realize how important it really is. Between the platform selection, game selection and knowing if there are any skeletons in a developer’s closet, there’s a lot of information to sort through and process when you’re making your decision. We’ve done our best to make sure that everything you need is easily accessible and verified in our reviews of these software companies.Menu